Posted on July 9th, 2010 | No Comments »
We hope all of our donors join us for the July 10th grand opening event celebrating the expansion of Community Hospital South! Come and see how your generosity is raising the bar and setting new medical excellence standards!
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Noon to 4 p.m.
…It’s a level of health care treatment that’s patient-centered, coordinated and focused on quality of care, ranging from everyday ordinary care to treatment for your most critical needs.
Entertainment: Performance by The Street Beats Group, a drumming and dance troupe. Street Beats performs all over the world, and participated in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver–performances at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Check out our robot: See da Vinci® surgical robot demonstrations in the educational area on the first floor.
- Explore our services: Booths featuring Wellspring Pharmacy, Community Breast Care, Community Physicians of Indiana and more are located throughout the first floor.
- Tour the tower: Go at your own pace, and feel free to ask us questions along the way.
- Meet some local celebrities: Boomer and Freddy, the official mascots of the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever – Noon to 2 p.m.
Rowdy, the Indianapolis Indians mascot – 2 to 3 p.m.
- Admire some art: Discover indoor and outdoor creations by Hoosier artists, specially designed for our healing environment.
- See who’s on the air:
Radio Disney – Noon to 1:30 p.m.
WIBC – 2 to 4 p.m.
Refreshments: Visit Bamboo Café on the first floor of the patient tower for a complimentary selection of beverages and light snacks.
The grand opening celebration will feature tours to learn about some of the newest additions to our building:
- State-of-the-art ortho/neuro/spine unit
- Beautiful labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum suites
- Brand-new special care nursery
- Surgical suites with the latest technology, including the da Vinci surgical robot
- Community Health Pavilion, a new model of primary care to meet every family’s needs
- Art, elements from nature and “green” materials to create an environment that promotes healing
Community Heart and Vascular, a new integrated way to care for your heart, resulting in better health